AI's Impact on Business Email Compromise
Date: 29 February 2024
Venue: iomart, 6 Atlantic Quay, 55 Robertson Street, G2 8JD
Time: Arrival at 3pm, session begins at 3.30pm
As part of Cyber Scotland Week, we invite you to join our Cyber Security Team at our Head Office in Glasgow for a session discussing the evolving threat landscape.
During this session, we will delve into the intricate world of cyber security, exploring how Artificial Intelligence (AI) is reshaping the threat landscape, specifically focusing on Business Email Compromise (BEC).
Please stay and join us for post-event drinks to network and continue the conversation.
Demystifying Microsoft's Modern Workplace - Get more from M365
Date: 07 March 2024
Microsoft 365 (M365) is Microsoft’s answer to the modern workplace. Providing user collaboration, security, enabling hybrid and remote working – Cloud tools to make your users working lives more productive, secure and compliant.
But, how do you know you’re getting the right tools, the right licensing, at the right cost, at the right time for the right reasons? Just because you can doesn’t mean you should with M365 licensing.
Join us as we demystify common misconceptions about Microsoft Modern workplace and share best practice ideas and recommendations to maximise your M365 investment.
We will cover:
- the essentials of M365 licensing and its impact on your organisation
- how to leverage M365 tools to enhance productivity and security
- expert recommendations for optimising your M365 investment
- a Q&A session to address your specific M365 challenges.
Maximising Cyber Security on a Tight Budget: Navigating Cybersecurity Challenges for Effective Protection
Date: 21 March 2024
In today’s increasingly digital world, cybersecurity is paramount for all organisations, regardless of size or budget constraints.
The challenge is clear: how can you effectively safeguard your digital assets and sensitive data while operating on a tight budget. Our upcoming webinar is designed to address this pressing concern.
Join us for an insightful and practical discussion on cost-effective strategies and solutions to protect your organisation from cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
We will cover:
- techniques for assessing risks and effectively prioritising your limited resources to address some of the most critical security challenges.
- the evolving nature of the threat landscape and how this is changing, discuss whether we are now entering a new paradigm of ‘extinction level’ cyber security attacks.
- the value of investing in several domains aligned with the NIST CSF to strengthen your cyber resilience.
Building Data Resilience and Security through People and Technology Controls
Date: 08 February 2024
Technology Leaders must recognise, and act, on the immediate risks posed by growing datasets across different locations, clouds, and providers. Third party risk and the complexity of cyber attacks mean they are battling this rapid change alongside compliance, regulatory, and cyber hygiene standards.
Join us as we discuss the data landscape businesses operate in, how they can extract value from their data with reduced complexity, and critically, how they can recover quickly and confidently when compromised.
We will cover:
- how organisations are adapting to increasingly common and (mandatory/expected) compliance and regulatory frameworks
- how organisations are controlling the increasing volume and disparate nature/location data
- how data protection technologies are evolving to secure data through both people and technology controls
- how cyber security and data management strategies are converging and now synonymous.
Building Cyber Resilience – Implementing a Managed Security Operations Centre
Date: 25 January 2024
In today’s rapidly evolving threat landscape, organisations face an increasing number of sophisticated cyber-attacks. This webinar aims to explore the benefits and best practices of implementing a Managed Secure Operations Centre (SOC) to enhance your organisation’s security defences.
Join us to learn about the key components of a Managed SOC, understand its role in threat detection and response, and gain insights into how to successfully implement and leverage a Managed SOC to protect your organisation’s digital assets.
We will cover:
- what a managed SOC is about and what it entails
- where to start developing your managed SOC strategy and how to engage with suppliers
- what some of the key considerations are in the buying cycle, and moving away from a technology offer to deploying capability.
Protect your Data, Users, and Workloads in a Hybrid Working, Cloud-First World
Date: 23 January 2024
Would you like to reduce the costs of your networks while improving your security posture and application performance? Do you need to ensure secure, reliable, and easy-to-use access for your employees thanks to an increasing number of internet-based resource outside of your control? Do you feel like all of this is complex and costly to achieve?
Join us for a free webinar where we’ll give insight into Barracuda’s SD-WAN and Zero Trust Network Access products, which are designed to optimise the performance, security, and availability of today’s dispersed workforces in a single solution.
During our session, we’ll focus on the benefits of CloudGen Firewall:
- Build a network that focuses on identity security and application experience
- Control and oversight of hybrid workforces and BYOD with user, device, and application awareness
- Cost efficiencies of SD-WAN and a simplified perimeter security solution
- Best foot forward with defence against phishing, credential spraying, and social engineering
And the features, including:
- Advanced SD-WAN and NGFW capabilities
- Zero Trust and SD-WAN as a “one box” solution
- Central management
- Real-time threat intelligence
You’ll here from Chris Fallon, Product Manger at iomart and Rob Butterworth, Senior Pre-Sales Engineer at Barracuda.
The importance of Back-up & Recovery Operations in Ransomware Attacks
Date: 30 November 2023
Ransomware attacks have become a significant threat to businesses worldwide, causing data breaches, financial losses, and operational disruptions. In this webinar, we will delve into the critical importance of backup and recovery operations in combating ransomware attacks.
Join us to understand the fundamentals of ransomware, explore effective backup strategies, and learn how to build a robust recovery plan to protect your organisation’s data and ensure business continuity.
We will cover:
- how ransomware attacks operate and the evolution of attacker behaviour
- effective data back-up strategies against the latest ransomware attacks
- building resilience in recovery and incident planning
- how to lead effective back-up and recovery testing operations.
Proactively Protect your Modern Workplace – SOC as a Service for M365 suite
Date: 17 October 2023
M365 comes with security tools, it’s also great at alerting and serving up detailed information about unusual activity. But who interprets this for you? Typically, a Cyber Security Analyst will manage this within a Cyber Security Operation Centre. But not everyone has this, it’s costly and timely to set up.
Join us as we walk through use cases and show you how to leverage SOC as a Service for all your users, proactively protect their identity and maximise your M365 investment.
We will cover:
- what a Modern Workplace SOC as a Service is?
- how an entry level SOC service can proactively protect your M365 users
- how to maximise your M365 investment.
Briefing: The State of Cyber Security in the UK
Date: 03 October 2023
When we produced our independent report with Oxford Economics on The State of Cyber Security in the UK, we didn’t feel it was enough to just publish the insights of more than 500 UK cyber security decision-makers. We also wanted to offer expert commentary and insight into the data.
Using the insights from the report, our panel of cyber security experts discussed the top cyber security challenges we’ve all been facing. And the decision-making strategies our respondents and attendees have adopted over recent years.
Advance with Azure
Date: 28 September 2023
You’ve chosen Azure to fuel your growth plans. You’ve migrated, you’ve followed best practice and are now up and running. But what next?
Join our experts, as we embark on a journey to get you advanced in Azure. We’ll help you discover the true value of Azure and where to start.
During the webinar we’ll cover the following areas:
- Cost savings
- Azure native monitoring and analytics
- Data driven business
We’ll be covering real scenarios and will talk you through them. Highlighting business and tech challenges, and how you can overcome them.
Defending against Business Email Compromise
Date: 21 September 2023
Business Email Compromise (BEC) is a growing threat that can lead to significant financial losses and reputational damage for organisations. This webinar aims to equip participants with the knowledge and tools to defend against BEC attacks.
Join us as we explore the tactics employed by attackers, discuss real-life case studies, and provide practical strategies to enhance your organisation’s defences against this pervasive threat.
We will cover:
- the common tactics by threat actors of varying degrees of sophistication when launching business email compromise attacks
- the types of business email compromise and emerging trends in this space
- how you can build preventative measures into business operations, to develop mitigation strategies and defend against business email compromise.
What is our Cyber Risk
Date: 03 August 2023
In today’s interconnected digital landscape, businesses face significant cyber risks that can have far-reaching consequences. This webinar aims to provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of cyber risk and strategies to protect their businesses from potential threats.
Join us as we delve into the world of cybersecurity and equip you with valuable insights to safeguard your organization’s digital assets.
We will cover:
- what cyber risk is and how can it be quantified
- how we assess risk and map it to our business tolerance levels
- where mitigation strategies should focus, in light of a move to the cloud, remote working and evolving attacker behaviour.
Mind the Gap with Microsoft 365
Date: 13 July 2023
Microsoft 365 (M365) enhances the way we work and the tools within M365 drive us to be more productive, more compliant and more secure. But there are some gaps…
In this webinar, we’ll identify where these gaps are and what you need to think about when plugging them.
We will cover:
- Better value – Which license suits your user’s needs? Learn how all elements of M365 need configuring correctly to maximise value and make your users more productive
- Increase your agility – Like any app, M365 needs to be deployed and send regular updates to end users quickly. Here’s how as a service
- Improve your quality – Meet the standard of your compliance on data privacy and backup
- Manage your risk – Proactively manage, detect and respond to all devices using M365, maintaining a cyber-aware workforce
Demystifying Azure: Getting the most value from Microsoft’s cloud platform
Date: 27 April 2023
Time: 11 am
There are many ways to gain greater efficiencies from Azure – be that pricing, automation, AI, or user experience. This means there are plenty of opportunities but finding the best set-up for your organisation can be a confusing process. This often leads to organisations not getting the most from their Azure platform and missing out on some of the biggest benefits.
We’ll also be talking about doing more with less when it comes to Microsoft licensing. We’ll explain what different packages do and why you should (or shouldn’t!) have them. We’ll have our very own cloud expert, Jon McElwee and our Cloud solutions architect, Daniel Howden. With a combined 20 years of experience, they’ve definitely got all the bases covered. Between them, they’ll be your guides as we explore the best ways to get maximum value from your Azure strategy.