The iomart Group, consisting of iomart Group Plc and its related group companies, provides managed hosting and cloud services. We consider protection of your (“Your”) privacy to be of the utmost importance. We are committed to securing any data that we collect concerning you (“You”) and complying with applicable data protection and privacy laws.
Our business, systems and website are designed to comply with all relevant and appropriate national and international legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy.
Collection of Personal Information
We will collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you give us.
- When submitting a C.V. when applying for a job with us, you provide us with contact details and certain personal information about you including information about your education, qualifications, employment and job history.
- Information we collect about you. With regards to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, [browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform];
- information about your visit, including [the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time)], pages you looked at [, or searched for,] and the products and services you have viewed, ordered[ or searched including, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us].
- Information we receive from other sources.
Other sources can include third party data controllers; publicly available sources; data brokers or other data subjects.
Storage and Protection of Personal Information
We maintain strict security measures in order to protect personal information. These measures include technical and procedural steps to protect your data from misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, loss, alteration or destruction. Credit card information is transmitted using secure socket layer (SSL) encryption. Credit card information is stored, managed and maintained in line with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard 3.2.
All information submitted to our site via a web browser is protected using HTTPS between the server and your endpoint device, for example your mobile telephone or computer.
With regards to your data stored on the [Prospect Database], this will be kept for a period (after such time we will delete it), subject to your rights in relation to your personal data, which are described more fully below.
Social Media and Other Websites You Visit
- any social media posts or comments that you make which are about us, or addressed to us on social media platforms or websites (for example, Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook). Any such posts or comments will be shared by you under the terms of the relevant social media platform or website on which they are published.
- Links contained on our site, to other recognised and respected organisations’ websites.
We recommend that you review the terms and conditions and privacy policies of the relevant social media platforms and other websites which you visit, to understand how they use your information.
We may monitor and record telephone calls, emails and other communications in accordance with UK law and for business purposes such as for quality assurance, training, for legal or regulatory reasons and to prevent or detect crime.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have receive your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have a number of rights under data protection laws in relation to the way we process your personal data. These are set out below. You may contact us using the details on our site (or by contacting our DPO directly – details below) to exercise any of these rights and we will respond to any request received from you within one month from the date of the request.
|NUMBER||DESCRIPTION OF RIGHT|
|Right 1||A right to access personal data held by us about you.|
|Right 2||A right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal data held by us about you.|
|Right 3||A right to require us to erase personal data held by us about you, and where the personal data has been made public, for other controllers processing the personal data to also erase links to, or copy or replication of, such personal data. This right will only apply where (for example): we no longer need to use the personal data to achieve the purpose we collected it for; or where you withdraw your consent if we are using your personal data based on your consent; or where you object to the way we process your data (in line with Right 6 below).|
|Right 4||A right to restrict our processing of personal data held by us about you. This right will only apply where (for example): you dispute the accuracy of the personal data held by us; or where you would have the right to require us to erase the personal data but would prefer that our processing is restricted instead; or where we no longer need to use the personal data to achieve the purpose we collected it for, but you require the data for the purposes of dealing with legal claims.|
|Right 5||A right to receive personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format. You also have the right to require us to transfer this personal data to another organisation, at your request.|
|Right 6||A right to object to our processing of personal data held by us about you (including for the purposes of sending marketing materials to you).|
|Right 7||A right to withdraw your consent, where we are relying on it to use your personal data (for example, to provide you with marketing information about our services or products).
If you have consented to receive communications from us, you can contact us at any time to have your details removed from lists used by us or to update your marketing preferences. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and quote your email/telephone number/account number in the body of the email and tell us what you would like to do (opt-out of postal communication or opt-in to newsletter for example.)
If you have any concerns regarding our processing of your personal data, or are not satisfied with our handling of any request by you in relation to your rights, we would request that you get in touch with our Data Protection Officer at the contact details set out below in the first instance, however, you always have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office. The ICO is the UK’s independent body set up to uphold information rights. You can find out more about the ICO on its website (https://ico.org.uk/). Their address is:
First Contact Team
Information Commissioner’s Office
Contact Us and Complaints
Please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to our Data Protection Officer in the first instance. You can write to us at any time in relation to the above rights, including to receive details of the personal information we have about you. Please contact us at email@example.com or write to:
Data Protection Officer,
iomart Group Plc,
West of Scotland Science Park,
Please quote your name and address, your mobile telephone number and your account number (if you are a customer). If you are requesting information, please also include details of the information you require a copy of as this will help us locate the relevant data. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing you with the information you have requested.
- we are making substantial changes, or
Top Layer Privacy Notice
How Will We Use Your Information
We will use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us, including processing your orders and providing you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to send you a welcome email to verify your account when you register with the site and other emails and communications for the purposes of account management or system maintenance;
- verifying your identity when required (such as when you forget a password or security information) to protect your data from unauthorised access and to help prevent fraud;
- to provide you with marketing information about other services or products we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about, or services or products you have consented to receiving on the relevant site;
- to notify you about changes to our services and/or products;
- in relation to your CV submitted on our site, for purposes in relation to the relevant job which you are applying for, and to notify you about the progress of your job application and contact you about further job opportunities that you may be an appropriate candidate for; and/or
- to ask you for feedback on our services and/or products and to develop and manage our sites in order to give you a better user experience and to improve the design of our products and services.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- [to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our site, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you where permitted; and/or
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.]
- [Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).]
Using Your Information In Accordance With Data Protection Laws
- Consent: We may provide you with marketing information about our services or products where you have provided your explicit consent for us to do so.
Disclosure of Your Information to Others
We will only disclose your information to:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- members of the iomart Group and third party suppliers and service providers for the purposes listed under How We Will Use Your Information above;
- selected third parties so that they can contact you with details of the services that they provide, where you have expressly opted-in/consented to the disclosure of your personal data for these purposes;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site and other selected third parties; an
- law enforcement or fraud prevention agencies, as well as our legal advisers etc.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we are subject to a re-organisation or any of our business or assets are sold to a third party, to the re-organised or third party identity;
- if we, or substantially all of its assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- where it has been legitimately requested for legal or regulatory purposes, as part of legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings or otherwise for the prevention or detection of fraud or crime;
- [to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction];
From time to time we may provide anonymised information of a general nature to third parties – for example, the number of individuals visiting our site or using our services – but we will not use any information that could identify those individuals.
Controller Contact Details
The controller of this website is: iomart Group Plc, a UK Public Limited Company with the company number SC204560.
Registered office and head office:
West of Scotland Science Park,
Need more information?
Our expert team are here to help with any questions you have regarding our products or services. Call or email today.