Website Terms & Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using the site.
What’s in these terms?
These terms tell you the rules for using our website, iomart.com (our site).
Click on the sections below to see the information for each area.
www.iomart.com is a site operated by iomart Hosting Limited (“We”). We are registered in Scotland under company number SC275629 and have our registered office, and man trading address, at iomart Group PLC, 6 Atlantic Quay, 55 Robertson Street, Glasgow, G2 8JD.
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone our Sales Line on 0800 040 7228, Support Line on 0370 757 5760 or General Enquiries Line on 0141 931 6400.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
We amend these terms from time to time. Each time you wish to use our website, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on 16 February 2023.
We may update and change our website from time to time to reflect changes to our services, our users’ needs and our business priorities.
Our website is made available free of charge. We do not guarantee that our website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our website for business and operational reasons.
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our website for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our website. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our website must always be acknowledged (except where the content is user-generated). You must not use any part of the content on our website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
You shall not conduct, facilitate, authorise or permit any text or data mining or web scraping in relation to our website or any services provided via, or in relation to, our website. This includes using (or permitting, authorising or attempting the use of):
• Any “robot”, “bot”, “spider”, “scraper” or other automated device, program, tool, algorithm, code, process or methodology to access, obtain, copy, monitor or republish any portion of the website or any data, content, information or services accessed via the same.
• Any automated analytical technique aimed at analysing text and data in digital form to generate information which includes but is not limited to patterns, trends and correlations.
The provisions in this clause should be treated as an express reservation of our rights in this regard, including for the purposes of Article 4(3) of Digital Copyright Directive ((EU) 2019/790).
This clause shall not apply insofar as (but only to the extent that) we are unable to exclude or limit text or data mining or web scraping activity by contract under the laws which are applicable to us.
The content on our website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our website is accurate, complete or up to date.
You may not use our website:
• In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
• In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
• For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
• To bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person.
• To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
• To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
• In any way that involves child sexual exploitation or abuse.
You also agree:
• Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
• any part of our website;
• any equipment or network on which our website is stored;
• any software used in the provision of our website; or
• any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
• Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our website.
• Issue of a warning to you.
• Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
• Further legal action against you.
• Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of the above acceptable use policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Where our website contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources.
iomart, iomart welcome to straightforward, and the iomart logo are UK registered trademarks of our parent company, iomart Group plc. You are not permitted to use them without our approval.
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation. Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of our services to you, which will be set out in our terms and conditions. We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our website or any content on it. We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
• use of, or inability to use, our website; or
• use of or reliance on any content displayed on our website.
In particular, we will not be liable for loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue, business interruption, loss of anticipated savings, loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation or any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
We do not guarantee that our website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our website. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server on which our website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our website. You must not attack our website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our website will cease immediately.
You may link to any page on our site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it and complies with these terms. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link to our website in any website that is not owned by you. Our website must not be framed on any other website, nor may you create a link to any part of our website other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.